April 9, 2009

April 3, 2009 - Tree planting and learning about the world









Today, we headed back to Amman. Before we arrive to the hotel, we stopped by one of Amman's public parks and planted Peace Trees. It was such a great experience to be among the locals as well as 90 adults from PTPI's Global Peace Initiative participants planting trees symbolizing friendship and love representing many countries from around the world. After getting back to Amman's hotel, we had another chance to listen to few other country's presentations by our fellow peace campers.
----
I believe I am luckly in a sense to be blogging about a day when we didn't have much overwhelming sightseeing. So I had some time to evaluate the whole experience while still here, among all of you.
Today we left the Kempinski hotel. The hustle and bustle of the shopping spree lingered soon after lunch. We had our last sessions, most importantly peace journalism. This evening was one of those full of tears and emotions. You cannot really feel it without tears. It was meaningful for sure to hear Jessa telling me: "Thank you for coming to Peace Camp and having a heart-to-heart conversation with Raaz and me" I really hope to see you guys in the future and I am sure that life will bring our paths together again!
Thanks you for making this peace camp a special place for me and the other 47 fellow peace campers.
Kalina Cherneva - Bulgaria

Bookmark and Share

No comments: