May 1, 2005

May 1, 2005

What an amazing day! It all started with a lecture by Dr Ahmed Tibi, who held an insight speech about the conflict between Israel & Palestine. Later on we went to the Egyptian museum. I have seen the artifacts on pictures, but seeing them in real life was surreal. I stood there in front of King Tut's mask & stared at it for 5 minutes admiring its beauty. After lunch at the Nile Hilton Hotel our private buses took us to the Khan El Khalili Bazaar.. We were divided into groups of 5. Everyone got a list who managed to bargain the most won. Honestly, I don't think my group won, but we had lots of FUN, so it doesn't really matter. I have learned some belly dancing today. It is hard to describe how I feel, but ! Have been walking around with a continuous SMILE =) on my face. The food was great, the weather is perfect & the people are wonderful. Special greetings to my friends and family in Norway. Love from, Silje, Norway.

No comments: